Now on to Ms. Maddy. On Sunday night Maddy went to bed as normal but starting at 12 she was waking up crying, asking for milk, fighting you if you held her, screaming if you put her down. Finally at 4am I got her asleep on me on the couch. Monday morning she took an hour morning nap(she hasn't morning napped since I can remember) and wouldn't eat a thing most of the day. We thought it might be molars finally coming through but since her and I are flying on Thursday I thought we better check her ears. At the doctor she was playing and roaring at the tiger pictures. I was sure the doctor thought I was nuts. He checked her lungs and ears and they were all clear and then he looked at her throat. He said it was really red and that her glands were swollen. He wanted to check for strep even though he said it is really uncommon in toddlers her age. Well the swab turned positive right away. So poor baby has strep but you couldn't tell. She has slept well and ate a ton today. We even went outside to play. Unfortunately right before bed she rolled of the couch and landed right on her face! Screams and blood from her lip but I kept my cool (on the outside). The people at security will think I beat my poor girl. Her lip is huge!!!
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Henry and "sick" Maddy
Meet Henry! This guy found us on Saturday at the golf course. He came up all stinky and wet from the lake. We gave him some pats on the head ans figures he was on his way home. A few minutes later we heard a horn blare and saw him narrowly escape being hit by a car. We decided to load him up and look for his owner. We stopped a man walking his dog and asked if he knew where he belonged and he said the poor guy had been running the neighborhood for two weeks now. So suckers that we are we brought him home for a meal and a safe backyard to look for his family. We checked with the police and some shelters but no word of where he belongs. On Monday I took him to the vet to see if he was chipped but no luck. He is the biggest sweetest guy! We called Gateway Golden rescue to see if they could help us if we can't find his family. They were great and said that after 10 days he can be turned over and they actually have a long waiting list of families that are waiting to adopt. Animal control told us that they could keep him 7 days but after that he might have to be euthanized. Well that just wouldn't do! So for the next week or so Henry will be part of our family. Nola and Maddy love him. He is quite a character and rolls over so you can scratch his tummy and lovingly puts his head in your lap for a scratch. I know he will make a family a great companion. The rescue agency said that will all of the house foreclosures that people are often letting their dogs go in hopes that someone kind will take them in. I don't know if this is Henry's case but he was very hungry and really dirty.


Now on to Ms. Maddy. On Sunday night Maddy went to bed as normal but starting at 12 she was waking up crying, asking for milk, fighting you if you held her, screaming if you put her down. Finally at 4am I got her asleep on me on the couch. Monday morning she took an hour morning nap(she hasn't morning napped since I can remember) and wouldn't eat a thing most of the day. We thought it might be molars finally coming through but since her and I are flying on Thursday I thought we better check her ears. At the doctor she was playing and roaring at the tiger pictures. I was sure the doctor thought I was nuts. He checked her lungs and ears and they were all clear and then he looked at her throat. He said it was really red and that her glands were swollen. He wanted to check for strep even though he said it is really uncommon in toddlers her age. Well the swab turned positive right away. So poor baby has strep but you couldn't tell. She has slept well and ate a ton today. We even went outside to play. Unfortunately right before bed she rolled of the couch and landed right on her face! Screams and blood from her lip but I kept my cool (on the outside). The people at security will think I beat my poor girl. Her lip is huge!!!

Now on to Ms. Maddy. On Sunday night Maddy went to bed as normal but starting at 12 she was waking up crying, asking for milk, fighting you if you held her, screaming if you put her down. Finally at 4am I got her asleep on me on the couch. Monday morning she took an hour morning nap(she hasn't morning napped since I can remember) and wouldn't eat a thing most of the day. We thought it might be molars finally coming through but since her and I are flying on Thursday I thought we better check her ears. At the doctor she was playing and roaring at the tiger pictures. I was sure the doctor thought I was nuts. He checked her lungs and ears and they were all clear and then he looked at her throat. He said it was really red and that her glands were swollen. He wanted to check for strep even though he said it is really uncommon in toddlers her age. Well the swab turned positive right away. So poor baby has strep but you couldn't tell. She has slept well and ate a ton today. We even went outside to play. Unfortunately right before bed she rolled of the couch and landed right on her face! Screams and blood from her lip but I kept my cool (on the outside). The people at security will think I beat my poor girl. Her lip is huge!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment