Today Maddy woke up with a fever of 101.1 at 7:20am. We gave Mad some motrin and then she asked to go back to bed. I quickly called my boss who just loves getting calls a 1/2 an hour before school starts! He was actually very understanding and I ran up to school to make some lesson plans while Brian stayed with Maddy. I made it back home about 40 minutes later to find Mad just waking back up. She seemed a little better but her eyes had that fever look. We curled up on the couch to wake some Diego. In an hour she was acting pretty good but as soon as the motrin started to wear off she was shivering and started crying. Tylenol this time and a little Dora chicken noodle soup for lunch and then she asked for a nap at noon (an hour early). She slept until I woke her around 3. She woke up crying a burning up with a fever of 104! She has a tendency to run high fevers so I knew to give her tylenol and motrin at the same time. I called Brain and we decided we better call the doctor. Our pediatrician is off on Wednesdays so we had to go see another doctor who confirmed that Maddy has an ear infection and swollen tonsils. So home with antibiotics we go.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Sick Day
Today Maddy woke up with a fever of 101.1 at 7:20am. We gave Mad some motrin and then she asked to go back to bed. I quickly called my boss who just loves getting calls a 1/2 an hour before school starts! He was actually very understanding and I ran up to school to make some lesson plans while Brian stayed with Maddy. I made it back home about 40 minutes later to find Mad just waking back up. She seemed a little better but her eyes had that fever look. We curled up on the couch to wake some Diego. In an hour she was acting pretty good but as soon as the motrin started to wear off she was shivering and started crying. Tylenol this time and a little Dora chicken noodle soup for lunch and then she asked for a nap at noon (an hour early). She slept until I woke her around 3. She woke up crying a burning up with a fever of 104! She has a tendency to run high fevers so I knew to give her tylenol and motrin at the same time. I called Brain and we decided we better call the doctor. Our pediatrician is off on Wednesdays so we had to go see another doctor who confirmed that Maddy has an ear infection and swollen tonsils. So home with antibiotics we go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment