Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bon Fire @ Eckert's


Last year at the school auction a couple other teachers and myself bought an Eckert's bonfire site to share with our families this fall. We headed out at about six and were surprised by how many people had the same idea. We got the bonfire lit and the kids all enjoyed cooking their hot dogs.

After we all had enough to eat the kids played around on the hay for awhile. Brian and I grew tired of trying to keep our fearless daughter from crashing into the fire and decided to take a walk around.

Maddy immediately spotted the huge groups of pumpkins and wanted to check them out. She was hugging and kissing the pumpkins. It was so cute that I wanted to catch a picture of it. At the same time that I got the camera out Maddy spotted the Apple Ride. I kept trying to get her to look at me and finally had to settle for her fake smile!

Maddy HAD to see the "big red apple". So we figured we would take her on and just not spin the apple. Once we got on she was loving the ride so daddy decided to spin it a little bit and she LOVED it. So we spun the apple a little the rest of the ride and she was not real happy when we had to get off.

We then took Maddy down to have a pony ride. I put her up on the pony and she rode like she had been on a pony her whole life. I kept a tight hand on the back of her sweater just to be safe. We then headed down to see the goats and give them a little food. The baby goats were so cute! We headed back to the bon fire to snack on some kettle corn and apple cider. It was pushing 9pm and we thought we better not push Maddy much farther past her bedtime. We packed up and headed home. Maddy stayed awake in the car, which was good since we forgot PJ's. We tucked her into bed and didn't hear a peep until 8am!

No comments: