Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Where's The Floor?

I spent most of the day yesterday unboxing and assembling shower gifts. The shower was so successful that we couldn't fit everything in one room!

Here's the right side of her room: And here's the left:
So what is all that stuff? I still don't know what some of these things are and I'm running out of time to figure it out. Here's what I do know. On the crib is a large assortment of baby blankets. The travel system (stroller and carseat/carrier combo) is in front. On the dresser is a box of babyproofing supplies (cabinet locks, outlet plates, doorknob locks...) a boppy, some clothes and toys, and a baby changing pad. An umbrella stroller is leaning against the dresser.
Here is a combination infant bathtub/baby bath seat and the Baby Einstein Musical Motion Activity Jumper.
This is the Soothing Comfort Bouncenette. It is shown here with the canopy closed. The canopy is going to be needed to keep curious cat noses and a cold wet dog nose at a safe distance.
Ye Olde Nature's Touch Baby Papasan Cradle Swing. The assembly of this thing was darn near my undoing. After the first hour I had to take a break and gather my thoughts. Tempted as I was, I refrained from bringing in the axe to finish it off. I heard a rumor that my cousin Tim has yet to assemble his daughter's swing. If this is true Tim let me give you some advice. Have beer readily available, you'll need it!
Here's another stroller, this one's an umbrella stroller. It's primarily for road trips as it is much easier to pack up than the travel system.
His and hers car seat bases:
A closer look at the blankets and quilts. Please pay no attention to the sheet of tin foil cat repellent laying in the crib!
Here's a basket of books atop a box of toys next to the Diaper Genie.
A bag full of baby dinnerware and bottles and such, and some of the more than 800 diapers that Daddy collected.
Here's a travel cradle/bouncer and the baby monitor
The mobile play yard
and the high chair didn't fit in the room so they stayed in the dining room.
Here's a look at the stack of boxes left from the assembly phase.
And finally (at least for today) we have pics of her closet in all of its pinkness:
And the diaper bags et al. beneath:

DO NOT tell Momma that I put this picture up, she would kill me for showing this in its jumbled mess state!

And last but not least a picture of the alphabet that Grandma Katie made:

That's all we have for today. I know that I owe you an ultrasound video upload but I've got too full of a plate right now to get that video converted and uploaded. I will do my best to get that done but I can't nail down a time frame right now.

Thanks to all that attended our his and hers showers. The only thing we still need is storage space!

We'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am SOOO impressed that you assembled all this already! No, Tim has not assembled the swing and probably will not now as Audrey is getting too big for it. He decided our house was too small for such a big swing so we borrowed a smaller, more portable one from my sister. I think it is so cute though and almost pulled it out one day when he was out of town. I think I will give him grief about all of your assembling because I did a lot of it myself!!!