Yesterday was doctor visit number two. Here’s the play by play:
3:43 – We left the house. Her driving, me holding the pee sample.
3:56 – The first road rage incident (darn them schoolbuses)
4:00 – Check in. Right on time.
4:12 – I mentioned that the sign up by the check in window says the docs recommend that ALL pregnant women get a flu shot. Momma says she’s not getting one. I reminded her that the doctors think it would be a good idea so maybe she should think about it. She then reminded me that she isn’t getting one. She’s my baby’s mother and I love her so I kept this thought to myself and let the topic drop. For now.
4:23 – She read a magazine, I held the pee.
4:27 – We were pulled from the waiting room. YAY! Through the door, ten feet down the hall and onto the scale for Momma.
4:28 – We were then sent to the ‘Sub-Waiting’ room to ‘sub-wait.’ I don’t know how to sub-wait so I just stared at the walls instead. Fun!
4:56 – Off to an exam room. A resident is helping the one doctor on duty that day treating all four doctors’ patients. The resident came in, asked if there were any problems (there are none) and set Momma up for the Doppler.
4:58 – We heard the heartbeat. It sounded like it is slowing down a little bit but there was no measurment
4:59 – The doctor asked if we had any questions. Momma did not. BUT I DID!! I asked if the flu shot recommendation is something they SAY or something they BELIEVE. Long story short Momma WILL be betting a flu shot. I kept the gloating to a minimum.
5:01 – The resident excused himself and asked us to stand by until the regular doctor can at least introduce himself to us.
5:17 – Dr. Mathus came in, said hello, ordered a blood test and vamoosed .
5:22 – Momma donated more blood to Tri-Lab, we scheduled our next appointment (Oct. 12), paid $5.31 (HUH?!) and went home.
5:34 – Stopped at the grocery so Momma could have some con queso dip with dinner. Heaven forbid she would have to go a day without cheese!
5:40 – Home sweet home.
So all in all we spent two hours and seven minutes to learn that she needs a flu shot. I know, this is all terribly boring, but the key to blogging is quantity, not quality!
Friday, September 22, 2006
A Day at the (Doctor’s) Office
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great Auntie Pam says - Get the damn shot.
Dear Brian
Chris and I were watching a medical program the other day and we immediatly thought of you. There has been several studies done about the effects on the human body and what can happen if you hold a pee too long,Chris says next time you should just go.
from Canada
Post a Comment