Many people have been asking about our choice of the middle name Brooke for our little one, so I (Momma) thought it was time for an explanation. My Grandma Sheila Elizabeth Brooke was so excited in July when she found out that she was going to be a Great Grandma again. In October she was thrilled to find out that our little one was a girl (even though my Grandpa swore she would be a boy until the day she was born). She was always calling and checking on us to make sure that I wasn't working to hard or feeling sick. Well sadly, as many of you know, my Grandma left this world for a better place on March 3rd, 2007. She was such a special person to me that I wanted to honor my daughter with part of her name. We chose Brooke because it not only represented my Grandma but also my Grandpa Chuck(who we can't wait to have Maddy meet). I hope that as Madylin Brooke grows up my mom and myself can teach her how to make the world's best chocolate chip cookies, which was one of my favorite things to do with my Grandma, and teach her the love of family like my Grandma had. Her family meant the world to her and she was happiest when we were all together.Grandma I know you would have been proud of the newest member of your family and I will do my best to pass on to her what you passed on to me. We can only hope that she got to meet our little angel in heaven before God sent her to earth on March 6th.

And so there is the story of why our Maddy is named Madylin Brooke Horvath. We love you Maddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment