Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday Cake Take One







This year for Maddy's birthday I decided to make her cake myself. I place full blame on those crafty talented moms, you know who you are (Laura, Sara, Stac)! I figured if they could do it so could I.










I have had all the ingredients for weeks and finally decided I better do a test run. Brian and I mixed the icing colors just the way we wanted them. We baked the cake and cut it according to our plan. I iced and iced.

After all was said and done it looked great! I am so excited that it worked. I know you didn't expect me to post the finished project and ruin the birthday surprise!

1 comment:

S and B said...

You forget that Aunt Jodi has the creative talent in my family. I come up with the ideas and bake the cakes and most of the time she is the one icing them. None the less I am sure your cake will look fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished product.