Today I had parent teacher conferences and didn't have to be at work until 1pm. I decided we better carve our pumpkin before Halloween was over! We got out all the newspaper and tools and got to work. Maddy was really excited to carve the pumpkin...even though I don't think she knew what carve meant since she was hitting the side of the pumpkin with a spoon saying "carve, carve".
Once I cut the lid I had her pull it off. As you can see she didn't know how she felt about the contents of a pumpkin. I encouraged her to help me dig out the inside. She stuck her hand in and quickly pulled it out and said "It is to wet mommy". So she held a wooden spoon and watched as I dug all the insides out. She wanted to get them with the spoon but had a hard time.
We talked about what shapes she wanted for the face. She liked pulling the eyes out and then putting them back in like puzzle pieces. I had to convince her that a Jack-O-Lantern would not work with the pieces in. Our Jack-O-Lantern is a girl by the way and you will be quickly corrected if you refer to her as he!
After we were done carving we started on our Pirate pumpkin. She really liked this one and enjoyed picking which piece we would add next. I think he turned out pretty cute and Mad likes to get up at the table and talk to him and of course he says "argh".
No comments:
Post a Comment