Saturday, November 01, 2008

We Love Clifford!


I heard from our Parents as Teachers coordinator that Clifford was going to be visiting Barnes and Noble today. Mad has a bunch of Clifford books that she loves to read so I thought I'd see how she felt about meeting him. We met Stac and Logan at the mall to pick up a few items for Christmas pictures and then headed over. When we got there they had just started reading the Clifford stories. Clifford himself was not there yet. For a girl who could read books all day, she does not like story hour. She and Logan lasted a few minutes before we had to browse our own books. As you can see Maddy made herself at home on the floor with a book of her choice.

After the stories, Clifford came. We were third in line and Maddy kept saying "hi flifrd hi". It looked good so far. When it was our turn I put Maddy down so she could approach him at her own speed. Well she did it at Maddy speed, running! She wanted to touch him and kept saying "my flifrd".

Since she seemed to like him I plopped her in his lap for a picture. She smiled and looked at him lovingly. I think she could have stayed there all day.

Since we were third in line we had to say bye and let the other kids have a turn. Maddy gave Clifford a kiss before we left. We love you Clifford!!

No comments: